Sunday, February 25, 2018

Color Outside The Lines Card

How is your weekend going?  I'm having a rainy weekend with a little crafty plus baking time (did Chocolate Glazed Donuts for the family this morning for breakfast).  Time Out has a "hobbies" theme challenge and I thought of a recently acquired stamp set about coloring.  Coloring is a nice hobby (and one I enjoy).  I also used the sketch at CAS-UAL Fridays for placement inspiration.  I inked the green circles with a Distress Oxide ink pad and then overstamped the image with black ink.  Last I did coloring with markers for a fast and easy card.  My daughter came home from college this weekend and saw this card laying on my desk.  She commented on how much she liked it which made me happy (so now think I will mail it to her since she likes mail from home).  ;)


CARD RECIPE:
Ink Pads -- Distress Oxide (Twisted Citron) and Clearsnap (Wicked Black)
Markers -- Staedtler
Mini Tag -- Hampton Art
Cardstock -- Recollection
Baker's Twine -- The Twinery

3 comments:

Lisa Mensing said...

And to think I didn't get an invite to those Chocolate Glazed donuts! WHA? LOL You card is so cute. I love the technique you used, color outside the lines, very fun. Thanks for joining us for Casual Fridays Sketch Challenge.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Adorable card inspired by the two challenges in mind. Love that sweet little tag, and wonderful sentiment. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out.

Lynn said...

Ha! this is adorable! Absolutely love it!

Thank you so much for playing with us at Time Out!